In order to support students’ learning, and to foster a sense of ownership in their own progress, the college has a programme of work for each subject to completed outside of the school day. The homework tasks set are to promote good progress and could consist of a number of reasons including:
- To consolidate the work delivered in the lessons
- To consolidate skills delivered in lessons
- To consolidate understanding of what was delivered in lessons
- To extend class learning
- To give feedback to the teacher as to student understanding and progress to inform future teaching
- To develop independent study
- To prepare students for the rigour of examination – revision and completion of portfolio based courses.
- To involve parents in the learning of their child and to keep them informed about what they are learning.
Each department will issue their own homework and feedback will be given to the students. There will be occasions when there are more deadlines and the student is expected to acquire the skills necessary through a tutor programme to plan effectively and to cope with deadlines as they arise.